Windows XP SP2 Installation - Internet Explorer Problems

Hi,

I have tried to install XP SP2 on a number of occasions and each time I have
been unable to start a number of programmes including Internet Explorer and
Windows Explore.

My PC was riddled with spyware before but I have used both adaware and
Microsoft's Anti Spyware Beta 1 to remove before the SP2 installation.

One other interesting aspect is that whilst trying to start up Internet
Explorer, DR Watson's debugger crashes and tries to send a report to
Microsoft.

It seems to have something to do with DRWTSN32.EXE.

Any ideas?

Flannigan
1 answer Last reply
More about windows installation internet explorer problems

    Flannigan wrote:
    > Thanks for the prompt response although nothing I've read here
    > explains the reference to the DrWatson Debugger... any comments?
    >
    > I'll definetly use your guide to go through the deep scan though -
    > thanks...

    Dr Watson is just Microsoft's application error debugger.
    Nothing else - it runs to record errors and where applicable, attempt to
    report them to Microsoft.

    Your problem is recorded in your Event Log, I am sure.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP