Start menu message says that Start menu is full

When I open the Start menu after first startign the computer, I get a message
saying that the start menu is full and can't display everything I want it to.
I right clicked on the start menu and selected properties. I changed the
maximum number of programs on the start menu to 30 allowed. That change
didn't make any difference. The number of programs showing didn't change
either; there are only 17 small icons showing. What is causing this? I have
the latest McAfee virus software, so hopefully, I don't have a virus. How
can I fix this problem?
--
jimspost

you have to DECREASE the number of programs allowed.
Try setting it to 3 and see if that fixes it.

Kenny