HP2000C Problem

Rich

I thought I knew the "ins and outs" of nursing my pair of HP2000C
printers, but this one has me stumped.

Went to print a picture and got an "Ink Cartridge Information" sheet
showing no Cyan ink (although the cartridge was nearly full). Checked
the bongo pads, and sure enough, there was the problem.

Disassembled it, fixed the spring holders and put it back together. Ran
a diagnostic test just fine.

Connected it back up and went to print a picture... it spits out an Ink
Cartridge Information sheet showing no Cyan. Went to the Toolbox and
printed a lovely Test Page. Printed an Ink Cartridge Information sheet
from the toolbox which shows nearly full Cyan cartridge.

Went back to print the picture and I get the same Ink Cartridge
Information Sheet showing no Cyan! How do I reset "something" to have
it wake up to it's true condition?

I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Rich

There is two level diagnostic in these printers. You can print test page for
diagnostic purposes only.

Othervise how you will trace and solve a problem.

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

"Rich" <nospam@saddam.net> wrote in message
> I thought I knew the "ins and outs" of nursing my pair of HP2000C
> printers, but this one has me stumped.
>
> Went to print a picture and got an "Ink Cartridge Information" sheet
> showing no Cyan ink (although the cartridge was nearly full). Checked
> the bongo pads, and sure enough, there was the problem.
>
> Disassembled it, fixed the spring holders and put it back together. Ran
> a diagnostic test just fine.
>
> Connected it back up and went to print a picture... it spits out an Ink
> Cartridge Information sheet showing no Cyan. Went to the Toolbox and
> printed a lovely Test Page. Printed an Ink Cartridge Information sheet
> from the toolbox which shows nearly full Cyan cartridge.
>
> Went back to print the picture and I get the same Ink Cartridge
> Information Sheet showing no Cyan! How do I reset "something" to have
> it wake up to it's true condition?
>
> I'm stumped.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Rich

Rich

Figured out my own solution.

The printer wasn't reporting the cartridge EMPTY... it was reporting the
cartridge EXPIRED! Reset the system date (temporarily) to 2002 and I
was able to fool the printer into printing the picture.

Rich