wake up from standby

Hello all, thnx for the read.

Here's the problem. If you've got any suggestions, would be greatly
appreciated.

My computer is running XP Home with SP2. Norton Internet Security 2005.
Recently it started having alot of trouble "waking up" from standby.
Sometimes ok, but mostly requiring hard reset and reboot....? Suspect I may
have "over cleaned up" at some point in time and deleted a required file or
something. Pretty stumped right now and not good at decoding event viewer.

Did a search on this page and failed to turn up anything useful.

TIA,

Squid.
3 answers Last reply
More about wake standby

    can you try a system restore to a time that the pc was working ok?

    Kenny

    "AirSquid" <AirSquid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all, thnx for the read.
    >
    > Here's the problem. If you've got any suggestions, would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > My computer is running XP Home with SP2. Norton Internet Security 2005.
    > Recently it started having alot of trouble "waking up" from standby.
    > Sometimes ok, but mostly requiring hard reset and reboot....? Suspect I
    > may
    > have "over cleaned up" at some point in time and deleted a required file
    > or
    > something. Pretty stumped right now and not good at decoding event
    > viewer.
    >
    > Did a search on this page and failed to turn up anything useful.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Squid.

    Have never tried...I'll give it a read and a shot....

    Any other tips to look to see what might be hanging it?

    -Squid

    "Kenny S" wrote:

    > can you try a system restore to a time that the pc was working ok?
    >

    > Kenny
    >

    > "AirSquid" <AirSquid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello all, thnx for the read.
    > >
    > > Here's the problem. If you've got any suggestions, would be greatly
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > > My computer is running XP Home with SP2. Norton Internet Security 2005.
    > > Recently it started having alot of trouble "waking up" from standby.
    > > Sometimes ok, but mostly requiring hard reset and reboot....? Suspect I
    > > may
    > > have "over cleaned up" at some point in time and deleted a required file
    > > or
    > > something. Pretty stumped right now and not good at decoding event
    > > viewer.
    > >
    > > Did a search on this page and failed to turn up anything useful.
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > >
    > > Squid.

    No love with the system restore. Tried to restore from a month ago...and
    system was unable on multiple attempts.

    Anyone else have a clue on how to look at what may be hanging computer up in
    STBY?

    -Thx,
    Squid

    "AirSquid" wrote:

    > Hello all, thnx for the read.
    >
    > Here's the problem. If you've got any suggestions, would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > My computer is running XP Home with SP2. Norton Internet Security 2005.
    > Recently it started having alot of trouble "waking up" from standby.
    > Sometimes ok, but mostly requiring hard reset and reboot....? Suspect I may
    > have "over cleaned up" at some point in time and deleted a required file or
    > something. Pretty stumped right now and not good at decoding event viewer.
    >
    > Did a search on this page and failed to turn up anything useful.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Squid.

Windows XP