controller's graveyard

Is there anything which can make a card go to its
"controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Nuff Said sez:

<<
>Is there anything which can make a card go to its
>"controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?

No. And the reason is that the only graveyard a card can go into is its
owner's graveyard.

----
"I remember back in the day we'd stay up all night...during the summer playing
DnD. Just us, a 12 pack of mtn. dew, a pizza, and alot of sacrificing newborns
on the altar to the lord Satan. good times, good times."
--From Fark.com

Nuff Said wrote:

> Is there anything which can make a card go to its
> "controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?

No.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

Nuff Said <nuffsaid@phreaker.net> sent:
> Is there anything which can make a card go to its
> "controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?

No, and there's unlikely ever to be; there's even this rule as a backup:

217.1a If an object would go to any library, graveyard, or hand other
than its owner's, it goes to the corresponding zone of its owner's
instead. If an instant or sorcery card would come into play, it
remains in its previous zone instead.

--
-- zoe

Nuff Said <nuffsaid@phreaker.net> wrote:

> Is there anything which can make a card go to its
> "controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?

The closest would be Tempest Efreet and Timmerian Fiends, which make
cards go into the graveyard of the new owner. (But they were always
explicit about a change of ownership being involved.)

Perhaps Mirror Mirror from Unglued would also be of interest to you.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

On Fri, 07 May 2004 11:09:23 +0200, Nuff Said <nuffsaid@phreaker.net> wrote:
>Is there anything which can make a card go to its
>"controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?

No.

Similarly, there is no way at all to get anything you don't own into your
hand or library. This is deliberate, and there's a rule about it even:

217.1a If an object would go to any library, graveyard, or hand other than its
owner's, it goes to the corresponding zone of its owner's instead. If an
instant or sorcery card would come into play, it remains in its previous zone
instead.

Even the ante cards, which can change ownership, do so _before_ putting the
card(s) in question into their new owner's zone.

Dave

Nuff Said, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> Is there anything which can make a card go to its
> "controller's graveyard" instead of its "owner's graveyard"?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers!

There is no card which does this as a matter of course - the closest
things I can think of are older cards, especially Bronze Tablet, that
*chcnged* the owner, which were only to be played in ante games.

Moreover, as of 8E if not slightly earlier, there is a rule that
specifically prohibits this. If something would end up in the graveyard
(or hand or library) of a player other than its owner, it goes to its
owner's graveyard (or whatever) instead. So even if you can contrive a
combo that would otherwise do this, the rules now specifically say it
doesn't work.