I need to go back to an early time before all the upgrades so I can install a
internet accelerator. It tells me that I can't install because software is
newer than the one I need to install.

System Restore:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
Select Date/Time before problem started.

But first you should contact the program manufacturer and see exactly what
is wrong.
Removing updates should be done with caution.

Accelerators generally do not deliver what is promised.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/