windows explorer won't open

I tried this, ran McAfee antivirus and adware remover in safe mode,
some viruses did show up and were deleted, but problem persists!
Any other suggestions?
Another symptom is that when I open Internet Explorer the little message box
always pops up and says IE has encountered a problem and needs to close, etc.
Please help!
Thanks!

rctr

--
rctr
3 answers Last reply

    system RESTORE

    rctr wrote:
    > I tried this, ran McAfee antivirus and adware remover in safe mode,
    > some viruses did show up and were deleted, but problem persists!
    > Any other suggestions?
    > Another symptom is that when I open Internet Explorer the little message box
    > always pops up and says IE has encountered a problem and needs to close, etc.
    > Please help!
    > Thanks!
    >
    > rctr
    >
    > "BAR" wrote:
    >

    >>Run Anti Virus software.
    >>Run Anti spyware [ad ware] software.
    >>
    >>Do this in safe Mode.
    >>
    >>Delete all the crud you find and then reboot.
    >>

    >>"rctr" wrote:
    >>

    >>>I cannot get Windows Explorer to open.
    >>>When I click on the icon nothing happens and my computer freezes for about
    >>>30 seconds. In fact, I cannot open any of the things that pop up when you
    >>>click on the Start button, on the right hand side, such as My Documents, My
    >>>Pictures, My Music, My Computer, even the Control Panel.
    >>>Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    >>>--
    >>>rctr

    Oh yes!! At last my problems are away! I have had these problems since
    february. But anyway download these programs and run scans:

    http://www.download.com/1200-2018-5141163.html

    http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/3000-8022_4-10361503.html

    It worked for me and i hope it work for you!

    Thank you! Finally, something fixed it!

    "Magnus87" wrote:

    > Oh yes!! At last my problems are away! I have had these problems since
    > february. But anyway download these programs and run scans:
    >
    > http://www.download.com/1200-2018-5141163.html
    >
    > http://www.download.com/Spyware-Doctor/3000-8022_4-10361503.html
    >
    > It worked for me and i hope it work for you!

Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Windows XP