windows explorer won't open

I tried this, ran McAfee antivirus and adware remover in safe mode,
some viruses did show up and were deleted, but problem persists!
Any other suggestions?
Another symptom is that when I open Internet Explorer the little message box
always pops up and says IE has encountered a problem and needs to close, etc.
Please help!
Thanks!

rctr

--