Sign in with
Your question

Code 52....Drive DisAssociation Problems!!

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 10:28:18 AM

Took me a couple days, but I got it....SYSTEM RESTORE (back date your PC as far as it will allow you after backing your files up of course)...once everything comes back up....(DELETE REGISTRY as well as DVD-DRIVER)...reinstall either by restarting your PC or calliing HP and allowing them to remotely download a DRIVER for you!!...great fix!!!!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 10:44:49 AM

Took me a couple days, but I got it....SYSTEM RESTORE (back date your PC as far as it will allow you after backing your files up of course on an external harddrive or something - I have a terabyte)...once everything comes back up....(DELETE REGISTRY as well as unistalling the DVD-DRIVER)...reinstall either by restarting your PC or calliing HP and allowing them to remotely download a DRIVER for you!!...great fix!!!!...Mind you, this all really depends on the Tech Support person assisting you on the other end (its a really frustrating thing to call HP or Microsoft Tech Support sometimes because the Techs are usually foreign and sometimes hard to understand - I was fortunate enough to work with a guy who was actually very articulate and thorough )....but the number to HP Tech Support is 1-800-474-6836.....Funny thing is, when you perform the SYSTEM RESTORE or BACKDATE - it's probally gonna only allow you to go back as far as the day before (which is crazy) because if your problem existed before then ...then obviously, there's and issue - but DO IT ANYWAY!!.......from reading some of you guys entries, IT SEEMS AS THOUGH EVERYONE WHO HAS RECENTLY DOWNLOADED WINAMP OR A NERO SUITE 10 IS HAVING A CODE 52 ISSUE!.....WINAMP IS GREAT AND I STILL HAVE IT ON MY PC AS WELL AS NERO SUITE 10, BUT YOU REALLLLLLLLLY HAVE TO WATCH OUT AS FAR AS WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY USING IT - I SUGGEST WINAMP THE DEFAULT PLAYER FOR YOUR AUDIO.........USE A VLC PLAYER OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO PLAY VIDEO ONLY!!....MAKE SURE YOU PERFORM SCANS AFTERWARDS USING A MCAFEE OR NORTON OR WHATEVER....but stay organized with yours files, that's the KEY!!.....and if you don't have an external harddrive - you need to purchase one for about $70 to $100....it'll save your life one day!!!!
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 10:56:34 AM

I just installed Winamp on my system, v.5.57, no problems, there is no way I would install Norton or McCaffee on my system, or any of their products
BTW just took Nero 10 off, lousy program, using InfraRecorder now, plus it's free
running scans, MalWareBytes- free
cleaning registry EFRC(Eusing Free Registry Cleaner) free
back ups are a way of life, E-Sata drive for Back up/Archiving
!