Cannot access .mil secure sites from PC

a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 12:33:04 AM

Any help would be appreciated on this. I can access .mil sites on my personal
laptop, but not on my new desktop. I am current on all security updates, have
the required 128-bit encrypton, and have even matched all the internet &
firewall settings with those on my laptop! I even have the required DOD
security certificates installed. Any suggestions? Help!!!!!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 4:19:12 AM

"Frustrated Soldier!" <Frustrated Soldier!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:D 10C54F8-E145-42CA-A5DE-388C6F2BC70E@microsoft.com...
> Any help would be appreciated on this. I can access .mil sites on my
> personal
> laptop, but not on my new desktop. I am current on all security updates,
> have
> the required 128-bit encrypton, and have even matched all the internet &
> firewall settings with those on my laptop! I even have the required DOD
> security certificates installed. Any suggestions? Help!!!!!

Are you accessing the net differently on your desktop as opposed to your
laptop? Some DOD sites check your system's reported IP address. If the
address is reported as overseas, you are not allowed to gain entry.
!