Decent gaming laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArnTheGreat

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
So I originally was going to splurge and get a Quismo for $999, then it went back to 1099 which I was still willing (Maybe) but then it went out of stock... and I started realizing I really don't need -that- intense of a PC. Since it'll just be mostly for work with light gaming.

1. What is your budget? 600-1000. prefer mid range of that

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Would like between 15 and 17"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080 prefer

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? Hour-ish. Always plugged in

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? WoW, some Steam games, some light SWToR. Low on SW is fine. high on WoW is fine.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo editing, gaming.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Ehh 450G+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
amazon.com prefer or NewEgg
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Year or so

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD is fine

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Prefer ASUS, or MSI. Toshiba/Sony aren't bad either.
13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Originally this was going to be a decked computer for my office, but since I have an intense gaming rig at home I decided maybe an i7 and 560M was over-kill.

I would like atleast a 540, as close to a 560 as possible. Thanks!

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230111

Found this one but refurbished makes me iffy... Nice video card/processor though.

You choice fits everything apart from screen res and may be portability.

Laptop GPU is weaker than desktop and the lower res helps with frame rate. A 1080p screen will increase the cost of the laptop too. Also, I think you will be ok with just 1440x900. If you need 1080p for video, you probably use 21' or larger external screen.

If you are a healthy person of average body height or more, you should be able to move it around quite ok. If not, you may want something smaller.

ArnTheGreat

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

To be honest it will hardly ever be mobile. I have a netbook to go to clients house, it'll mostly just sit in my office. Mainly I just like that one having a 460 -and- an i7. You think it being refurbished is okay? Never bought a refurbished laptop before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS