Minor problem after BIOS upgrade on Dimension 8300. Please..

I downloaded the .EXE file to upgrade to A07 BIOS and ran
it. All went well and the computer is running fine. The
problem is that I can't delete the .EXE file. I keep getting
the message that the file is in use by another program. How
can I delete it?

Thanks.

Frank

David

1st make sure you are logged in as an admin acct. If so boot into safe
mode (tap F8 during bootup)
and try to delete it then.
Dave

Thanks for the try.

I tried the safe mode and got the same message. I am the
administrator. Any other ideas?

Frank

"Frank K." <fkozerski@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I downloaded the .EXE file to upgrade to A07 BIOS and ran it. All went well
>and the computer is running fine. The problem is that I can't delete the
>.EXE file. I keep getting the message that the file is in use by another
>program. How can I delete it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Frank

How do I delete an "undeletable" file?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com>
wrote in message news:33e168F3tp2edU1@individual.net...
> "Frank K." <fkozerski@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I downloaded the .EXE file to upgrade to A07 BIOS and ran
>>it. All went well and the computer is running fine. The
>>problem is that I can't delete the .EXE file. I keep
>>getting the message that the file is in use by another
>>program. How can I delete it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Frank
>

> How do I delete an "undeletable" file?
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any
> suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Actually, it was easier than that and I don't know why I
didn't think of it sooner. I just went to "command prompt"
and to the directory it was in and deleted it.

Thanks for all the help.

Frank