I have an 'L' shape in each corner of every word doc - why?

every word doc I do has an L in each corner that I just cant get rid off.
Any suggestions as to how I can get rid?
Please help. Microsift helpline is expensive, takes ages and useless. Very
annoyed Word user!
--
alex
4 answers Last reply

    They can probably explain how to handle the formatting outlines of word
    documents in the word newsgroups.

    Tom

    "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | every word doc I do has an L in each corner that I just cant get rid off.
    | Any suggestions as to how I can get rid?
    | Please help. Microsift helpline is expensive, takes ages and useless.
    Very
    | annoyed Word user!
    | --
    | alex

    Is this on screen or on paper or both?

    Jim

    "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > every word doc I do has an L in each corner that I just cant get rid off.
    > Any suggestions as to how I can get rid?
    > Please help. Microsift helpline is expensive, takes ages and useless.
    Very
    > annoyed Word user!
    > --
    > alex

    Can you describe it better. Look at tools - Options - View and see if it's text boundaries.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:731944CE-B1D4-4CDA-832D-2E3777286BA2@microsoft.com...
    > every word doc I do has an L in each corner that I just cant get rid off.
    > Any suggestions as to how I can get rid?
    > Please help. Microsift helpline is expensive, takes ages and useless. Very
    > annoyed Word user!
    > --
    > alex

    Hello Alex,

    When you open your Word Program, Go to the word View on the top, click on
    this
    if you have a check mark next to the word "Ruler" click on it and it will
    remove the check mark and your ruler will disappear, including the little "L"
    at each corner.

    Hope this helps you
    britalia2002

    "alex" wrote:

    > every word doc I do has an L in each corner that I just cant get rid off.
    > Any suggestions as to how I can get rid?
    > Please help. Microsift helpline is expensive, takes ages and useless. Very
    > annoyed Word user!
    > --
    > alex

Support Microsoft Windows XP