Geforce 4 Ti 4800 SE

Raven21

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Hello,
well, i´m not really new to PCs, but i unexperienced about Hardware. Can anyone tell me, which is best Driver for my Geforce4 Ti 4800 SE?
I´m not sure, if I should take the one from nVidia directly or to choose another.
And... the latest Driver will get more performance out of my Card as an earlier Version, or?

Raven21

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
It is a "3D Blaster 4 Titanium" by Creative. Well, the Handbook says it is. :) The Creative Drivers weren´t really usefull, cause it didn´t support OpenGL, so I took a "related Driver" (excuse me, but i don´t know the Word at the moment - a Driver not for this GraphicCard, but even functionally on this one cause it´s a Driver for the Chip on the Card. Hope u can understand what I´m meaning).
So, what should i do?

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Dude, creative doesn't even have drivers for this card on its website. For me, that would have been a telltale sign that this puppy was bad news. I wouldn't have touched this card even if someone paid me to. Well, it'd have to be a lot of money. You should have picked up the TI 4600 (a non creative labs one too). While creative has kick arse sound cards I haven't seen squat in reviews on them in the video card market. Since it's a Nvidia card, I'd say the drivers from Nvidia should be able to install for it...afterall, what's the point of having a Nvidia VPU if the drivers from the manufacturer of it won't work? Dunno though...I've never even remotely thought about buying that POS 4800 card. In fact, if someone gave me a choice between that creative 4800 se and a geforce 3 ti card....I'd take the GF3. Get rid of that thing as fast as you can....run far, far away from it...if ya can't plug in your speakers to a creative card, it isn't worth the powder to blow it up with. Just my opinion.

Insert_ending_here,
TKS

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Whats wrong with the 4800??? The core and mem oc well if thats up his alley. It has very good performance for its category. I personally cant see why he wouldnt or shouldnt get it.

-Jeremy

:evil: <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5341387" target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up!!!</A> :evil:
:evil: <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1060900" target="_new">Busting More Sh@t Up!!!</A> :evil:

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Nothings wrong with the 4800....it's just the fact that it's a creative card. And the fact that they don't even list anything about it on their webpage. If you were shopping for speakers from best buy and you are looking for some Kawasaki brand speakers. Say u pick them up there and then you go back to their website cuz of problems and you can't even find them listed. It's just bad form on the part of the manufacturer/seller. Creative doesn't score points with that one. So I was saying creative sucked for not listing them. The detonator drivers should work just fine and if they don't, find earlier drivers or scrap the card.

Insert_ending_here,
TKS