Moving Base Station Software from one computer to newer co..

I have a desktop that is on its last legs and this is
where I initially setup my MN-500 Base station via
ethernet. I have three laptops, two running MN-520
Adapters and one new laptop with it's own integrated
wireless wifi internal. Can I get rid of my desktop and
run the whole thing off of one of the laptops?
Additionally, I can see all of the computers that are
running Microsoft adapters in the Microsoft Broadband
Network Utility, but cannot see my new computer which has
it's own internal wifi adapter?
2 answers Last reply
More about moving base station software computer newer

    No problem. Just load the Broadband Network Utility on
    any of the PC's on your LAN.
    On your new PC just remember, your workgroup name is not
    the same as your wireless network name, they are
    different settings. Make sure your new computer's
    workgroup name is correct. Check it at - control panel -
    system - computer name - change - and enter
    your "Workgroup" name.

    Gary

    Actually, if the chosen machine is Windows XP, you don't need to install the
    front-end software (BNU) at all. The base station can be managed through
    the browser by simply typing in the IP address in the Address line. The
    base station doesn't need any modification of settings when a new machine is
    added to the LAN, unless it is filtering by MAC address.
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > No problem. Just load the Broadband Network Utility on
    > any of the PC's on your LAN.
    > On your new PC just remember, your workgroup name is not
    > the same as your wireless network name, they are
    > different settings. Make sure your new computer's
    > workgroup name is correct. Check it at - control panel -
    > system - computer name - change - and enter
    > your "Workgroup" name.
    >
    > Gary

Routers Laptops Desktops Microsoft Networking