Random restarts again (sorry for new topic)

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find it

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
bios was too fast.
I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.

microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download and
burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
> were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
it

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

yeah I saw that I guess I should use it. I ran memtest all nite and passed
all 1000 or so tests it did while I was asleep lol

"Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
> bios was too fast.
> I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.
>
> microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download
> and
> burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.
>
> "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
>> PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
>> were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
> it

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I set memory speed from 166 to 133 now waiting to see. The computer froze up
on me right before I did this when I was still in windows making my memory
testing CD. Tests showed nothing but I set it anyway so waiting for it to do
it again
"Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
> bios was too fast.
> I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.
>
> microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download
> and
> burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.
>
> "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
>> PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
>> were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
> it

This may sound like a dumb ? but how do I check the memory speed of my pc