Random restarts again (sorry for new topic)

PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find it
4 answers Last reply
More about random restarts sorry topic

    I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
    bios was too fast.
    I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.

    microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download and
    burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.

    "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
    > PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
    > were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
    it

    yeah I saw that I guess I should use it. I ran memtest all nite and passed
    all 1000 or so tests it did while I was asleep lol

    "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
    > bios was too fast.
    > I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.
    >
    > microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download
    > and
    > burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.
    >
    > "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
    >> were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
    > it

    I set memory speed from 166 to 133 now waiting to see. The computer froze up
    on me right before I did this when I was still in windows making my memory
    testing CD. Tests showed nothing but I set it anyway so waiting for it to do
    it again
    "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
    > bios was too fast.
    > I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.
    >
    > microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download
    > and
    > burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.
    >
    > "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
    >> were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
    > it

    This may sound like a dumb ? but how do I check the memory speed of my pc

    "Anthony" wrote:

    > I set memory speed from 166 to 133 now waiting to see. The computer froze up
    > on me right before I did this when I was still in windows making my memory
    > testing CD. Tests showed nothing but I set it anyway so waiting for it to do
    > it again
    > "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >I had the same and it was because the 'default' memory speed setting in the
    > > bios was too fast.
    > > I selected the correct speed for my memory and haven't had a crash since.
    > >
    > > microsoft have a very good memory testing program that you can download
    > > and
    > > burn to a cd, then boot and run from the CD.
    > >
    > > "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >> PFN_Corrupt was the message when it restarted never seen that one before
    > >> were does the stack dumps go I will put that here as soon as I can find
    > > it

Support Microsoft Windows XP