Error 0x8024402C while trying Automatic Updates

When i go for Automatic Updates in WinXp, i am getting the error
0x8024402C.
And also when i went to the Auotmatic Updates in System Properties
window, all the points were greyed out.. Couldnt do anything..
What will i have to do to make it alright..

Thanks
Nicki

--
nishanthjm
nishanthjm's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10454

Scroll down to 0x8024402C or 0x8024502d error codes

You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
the Windows Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883821

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:nishanthjm.1ldof1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com,
nishanthjm <nishanthjm.1ldof1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> hunted and
pecked:
> When i go for Automatic Updates in WinXp, i am getting the error
> 0x8024402C.
> And also when i went to the Auotmatic Updates in System Properties
> window, all the points were greyed out.. Couldnt do anything..
> What will i have to do to make it alright..
>
> Thanks
> Nicki
>

> --
> nishanthjm