Error 0x8024402C while trying Automatic Updates

When i go for Automatic Updates in WinXp, i am getting the error
0x8024402C.
And also when i went to the Auotmatic Updates in System Properties
window, all the points were greyed out.. Couldnt do anything..
What will i have to do to make it alright..

Thanks
Nicki

--
nishanthjm
nishanthjm's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10454

    Scroll down to 0x8024402C or 0x8024502d error codes

    You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
    the Windows Update Web site
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883821

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:nishanthjm.1ldof1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com,
    nishanthjm <nishanthjm.1ldof1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> hunted and
    pecked:
    > When i go for Automatic Updates in WinXp, i am getting the error
    > 0x8024402C.
    > And also when i went to the Auotmatic Updates in System Properties
    > window, all the points were greyed out.. Couldnt do anything..
    > What will i have to do to make it alright..
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nicki
    >

    > --
    > nishanthjm
    > nishanthjm's Profile:
    > http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10454 View this thread:
    > http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819044705

    Thank you WES.. that was great help....
    CIAO

    --
    nishanthjm
    nishanthjm's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10454
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819044705

    Glad it worked out. Keep having fun. :-)