Unable to enable "Help and Support" service in Windows XP ..

Last night my computer would not boot up into Normal Mode, so I started it in
Safe Mode and performed a System Restore. The first two restores (one and two
days in the past) didn't work so I ended up going back three days. After
restore completed my new printer software wasn't there, I guess since I
installed it one days after the current restore. But, now the problems I
having are that I'm not able to enable the "Help and Support" system service
or re-install my new HP-5510 all-in-one printer. Actually, these problem are
the only things I've discovered so far.

Will I have to do a complete restore from stratch (Windows XP OEM CD) are
should I try another system restore from some other day?

CEA
2 answers Last reply
More about unable enable help support service windows

    Try this:
    "Why doesn't Help and Support work?

    "CEA1" <CEA1@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:2D2B49A8-4292-4557-AC56-54C5D8C9C2C5@microsoft.com...
    > Last night my computer would not boot up into Normal Mode, so I started it in
    > Safe Mode and performed a System Restore. The first two restores (one and two
    > days in the past) didn't work so I ended up going back three days. After
    > restore completed my new printer software wasn't there, I guess since I
    > installed it one days after the current restore. But, now the problems I
    > having are that I'm not able to enable the "Help and Support" system service
    > or re-install my new HP-5510 all-in-one printer. Actually, these problem are
    > the only things I've discovered so far.
    >
    > Will I have to do a complete restore from stratch (Windows XP OEM CD) are
    > should I try another system restore from some other day?
    >
    > CEA

    "Help and Support Error" - Service not started:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/helpsvc.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "CEA1" <CEA1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Last night my computer would not boot up into Normal Mode, so I started it
    > in
    > Safe Mode and performed a System Restore. The first two restores (one and
    > two
    > days in the past) didn't work so I ended up going back three days. After
    > restore completed my new printer software wasn't there, I guess since I
    > installed it one days after the current restore. But, now the problems I
    > having are that I'm not able to enable the "Help and Support" system
    > service
    > or re-install my new HP-5510 all-in-one printer. Actually, these problem
    > are
    > the only things I've discovered so far.
    >
    > Will I have to do a complete restore from stratch (Windows XP OEM CD) are
    > should I try another system restore from some other day?
    >
    > CEA

Support System Restore Windows XP