Unable to enable "Help and Support" service in Windows XP ..

Last night my computer would not boot up into Normal Mode, so I started it in
Safe Mode and performed a System Restore. The first two restores (one and two
days in the past) didn't work so I ended up going back three days. After
restore completed my new printer software wasn't there, I guess since I
installed it one days after the current restore. But, now the problems I
having are that I'm not able to enable the "Help and Support" system service
or re-install my new HP-5510 all-in-one printer. Actually, these problem are
the only things I've discovered so far.

Will I have to do a complete restore from stratch (Windows XP OEM CD) are
should I try another system restore from some other day?

CEA

Try this:
"Why doesn't Help and Support work?

"CEA1" <CEA1@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:2D2B49A8-4292-4557-AC56-54C5D8C9C2C5@microsoft.com...
> Last night my computer would not boot up into Normal Mode, so I started it in
> Safe Mode and performed a System Restore. The first two restores (one and two
> days in the past) didn't work so I ended up going back three days. After
> restore completed my new printer software wasn't there, I guess since I
> installed it one days after the current restore. But, now the problems I
> having are that I'm not able to enable the "Help and Support" system service
> or re-install my new HP-5510 all-in-one printer. Actually, these problem are
> the only things I've discovered so far.
>
> Will I have to do a complete restore from stratch (Windows XP OEM CD) are
> should I try another system restore from some other day?
>
> CEA

"Help and Support Error" - Service not started:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/helpsvc.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User