danionr

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
WELL I AM LOOKING TO BUY A NEW VIDEO CARD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND NO MORE THAN $200. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHICH IS THE BETTER BUY BETWEEN THE ATI 9500 AND THE ATI 9600. I SAW THE BENCHMARKS DONE BY (THW), BUT I ALSO HEARD THE 9600 WHEN OVERCLOCKED CAN OUT DO THE 9500.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

cleeve

Illustrious
There are those who disagree, but I recommend the 9500 PRO.

It overclocks as well, and it's 8 pipelines make it a better choice for future titles, in my opinion.

Also consider the Radeon 9700 non-pro, which is better than both and about $200 at online retailers.

------------------
Radeon 9500 w/256 bit memory bus @ 367/310
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3439

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I agree with Cleeve...the 9500 Pro is better. The 8 pipelines instead of the default 4 that are included in the 9500 regular and 9600 models make it the best choice.

Insert_ending_here,
TKS

Actaully I agree with Cleeve, not these other Jokers! :tongue:

Actually the part I agree with is that the 9700Non-pro is the best choice. Then 9500Pro, then 9600pro, then Rage Fury Pro, Then Tony Hawk Skater Pro, then Pro Hardware.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Ganache

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's what piss me off. They release a new value card with a higher number, and it gets outperformed by the old one... were getting screwed !

It's cheaper, and the onyl people getting screwed deserve to be screwed, as they didn't do their homework before buying the card. I knew what I was buying BEFORe making my choice, and so should others, it was pretty obviousabout 2 mths before they were even availible.

BTW, the 9600Pro performs better than the 9500Pro in some benchmarks, so the question is which one matters most. In general the 9500Pro does better but why bother calling it the 9400, when that will simply kill sales. And the numbering scheme has mean the people who TRUELY care/benifit from the difference don't have to fight with the KNOBs for the last few remaining R9500Ps, they are fighting other afficionados for those last remaining R9500Ps.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I suggest you get a GeForce FX 5600 NON-ULTRA or a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra 256mb.
Even the non-ultra beats teh crap out of a 9500/9600 Pro, and the Ultra one, with a whopping 256mb of ram beats even a 9800 Pro 128mb. Its got DOUBLE THE MEMORY!
GO FOR IT DUDE!

(This is what I recommend people who type in all caps:)

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

Hey what about the Matrox Parhellia? It was the first with 256mb, and it's twice the price (more than even an FX5900U sometimes) . That's gotta mean it's da' bomb!