Reading floppy from Windows 98 in Windows 6.0

I've gone from Windows 98 to Windows XP. All my floppys I copied from my
Wordpad in 98 won't open on my XP. They read that they are there and it
gives me the contents but when I try to open them I get the message - Can Not
Open Wordpad in Windows 6.0. What can I do? They open fine on other
computers.
--
baxter716
1 answer Last reply

    Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "baxter716" <baxter716@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've gone from Windows 98 to Windows XP. All my floppys I copied from my
    > Wordpad in 98 won't open on my XP. They read that they are there and it
    > gives me the contents but when I try to open them I get the message - Can
    > Not
    > Open Wordpad in Windows 6.0. What can I do? They open fine on other
    > computers.
    > --
    > baxter716

Windows 98 Floppy Disk Windows XP