What to you thinks about Refurbished laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
i would say no. not for the fact that it is refurb, refurbs from tiger direct and newegg are usually very good quality, but from my experience, laptops arent the way to go unless you really need to bring your computer around everywhere, and they are not really for gaming, what uses will it be used for? how much do you travel? what is your ideal price range for a computer? what type of laptop are you looking for? also im not sure about samsungs quality with computers, never used them much.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
^ not totally true, i have gotten several computers refurbished, like my laptop im using right now was a 300$ refurb asus, it was like new when i got it, even still had all the plastic covers and no scratches or anything, and when it went through refurb they got rid of all the crapware etc.

ram1009

Distinguished

I'm happy you're happy with your purchase, however IMHO you've used up all your luck for several lifetimes.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I've made recommendations for both friends and family on Refurbs and all of them have performed/worked just fine, as well as my refurbished camera and MP3 player, my monitor is a different story though, it looks good but has serious backlight bleed so dark scenes in movies or dark maps in games don't look too great.

That particular Laptop has a flaw pointed out in one of the reviews, a lip around the edge where you wrists will/would rest. If you decide to get it, I recommend a mouse versus using the touch pad.

You can see the lip/edge here
snagprogram0005a.png

idoking

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
After reading more reviews i saw this laptop
Dell XPS 15
PROCESSOR 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit
OFFICE SOFTWARE Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook edit
HARD DRIVE 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive edit
VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M 2GB graphics with Optimus edit
HD DISPLAY 15.6 in HD WLED TL (1366x768) with Skype-Certified 2.0MP HD Webcam edit
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD) edit
3G/4G MOBILE BROADBAND No Mobile Broad Band Selected edit
SOUND OPTIONS JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3 edit
XPS 15 XPS 15
Integrated Network Adapter Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
Adobe Reader Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
MEMORY 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
BATTERY OPTIONS 90 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Some one here had experience with this laptop ?
I found a deal this laptop for 899$ you think this worth it ?

idoking

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
its not so much impotent for me the bluray drive
And the laptop is for a every day tasking you know and for office stuff and its need to be with at least 4+ hours of battery
and for HD movies and some games
you have for me a better choice then this laptop ?

Adamme2

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I usually go for Refurb laptops and PC's, way cheeper in the end *shrug*

Got my current one from www.re-computer.co.uk
Had no problems at all in the last year with it and some family members have got stuff from there fine too.
worth checking out at least even if they don't quite have quad-core super awesome machines of over-the-top-ness lol

shekinahrussell

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I got a refurbished laptop from because my computer crashed last year and it works like a charm. I got it from http://www.gearxs.com/computers. The best big purchase that I have made in a long time and I have had no problems with it thus far. The only advice that I can give is to do your due diligence and make a purchase based on your research.

Look hard but not too long!

Shekinah Russell

Shekinah Russell

lancashirecat

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Refurbished laptops are great as the refurbished pretty much means its a previously used machine but is tested and working, just pay attention to the grade you're buying because you can get really cheap grade c or b machines but look really nasty :\ have a look on gigarefurb, they've got all the information on the website you need to know when buying a refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.