You WON'T believe this!!!

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
You guys have heard me gripe about my crappy computer, and how I'm not getting one for a long time. WELL, my dad called me today to build him a computer on iBuyPower *EDIT* for his OFFICE!!! And he bought one today! BOOHOO!!! Here are the specs:

AOPEN AK79D mobo
420-watt PS
AMD AthlonXP 2500+
1 gig PC2700 mem
WD 80 gig HD w/8mb cache
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro
52x24x52 CDRW
5.1 sound onboard
480-watt speakers
ViewSonic A90F 19-inch flat CRT
XP Pro

Help me guys, I think I'm going to cry. Maybe he'll let me use it...

Tit for tat, butter for fat, ATi's dog kicks nVidia's cat

(Maximum PC)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by daddywags214 on 06/26/03 08:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
I forgot to add: IT'S FOR HIS OFFICE!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!

I'll edit the original.

(Maximum PC)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Your correct. I don't believe that. Its a big fat LIE! :smile:

Seriously though, whats the problem? Is it because you cant get your hands on that nice system? Or is it because it's only going to be usd for word, excel and email? :lol:

That XP2500+ will overclock well... assuming you can get to it *snigger*

<b>Melb_angel: PooBaa's <A HREF="http://www.secretarythemovie.com" target="_new">Secretary!</A></b>

eden

Champion
If he knew you wanted a comp, go tell him you've been lied to, or that you've been let down a lot. If that amounts to all the money for the other house comp, then you really should be angry.

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
It is true, LHG. He paid for it with his Agency's money, therefore, it doesn't affect whether or not we can afford one.

Yes, I'm angry because he will have that nice system at his office, doing word, excel, email, and the occasional romp of MS Flight Simulator 04 (which I just preordered) while I'm here at home with my AMD K6-2 500mHz and Trident 8mb onboard. That's why I'm angry.

Don't patronize me!!! AHHHHHHH!!!

(Maximum PC)

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
It's easy just bring a screwdriver with u next time u go to his office and do what u have to do LOL

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% MATROX/INTEL EXTREME GRAPHICS Fanboy

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Oh well. You will live.
Get a job, save up, then buy the biggest baddest righ you can find to put his to shame!

At this point i should like to mention that i have a R9700pro in my system. :evil:

<b>Melb_angel: PooBaa's <A HREF="http://www.secretarythemovie.com" target="_new">Secretary!</A></b>

eden

Champion
You are contradicting yourself a lot here.
IF he paid it with work's money, then WHY ARE YOU ANGRY. This does not AFFECT your buying decision which was made few weeks ago! YOU ARE getting a new one are you not?

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:

cleeve

Illustrious
If he's using a spreadsheet, there's no way he'll notice that 9600 PRO is gone, and the trident 8mb is in it's place... heheh

------------------
Radeon 9500 w/256 bit memory bus @ 367/310
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3439

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I already have a similar Intel system (heck, even the same hard drive and monitor), so this seems irrelavent.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
might be tricky to get that onboard video out of his system. lol

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

sirantony

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2003
Well maybe I'm outa touch with the poor man cause I'm not poor like when I was young. But, if you could save up 5 or 6 hundred bucks you could build that dream system. I am upgrading my moms PC. I got an ABIT IS7, P4 2.4 ghz with HT, 512 MB corsair PC 3200 cas 2 ram and a case for just over $600. I bought all this at a store. I probobly could have saved another $100 bucks buying on the internet. Put your old vid card, hard drive ect in this systen and replace them later one by one when you get some money. In other words... Get a job! haha. Just kidding.

G

Yup. I'm building my dream system over this summer and my folks promised $1000 U.S. If I contribute a wee bit more, I'll have a REAL DREAM SYSTEM, already bought the case. I'm thikin... P43Ghz(800fsb), 512megs DDR Dual Channel, 80gig HD, Geforce FX5900 Pro, Abit IS7 M-Board, SBlaster Audigy. Recycle everything else, and voilia! A $1000+ system that sells for like $1500 on markets!

--GNOMES ARE GOOD! GNOMES ARE GREAT! GNOMES GO ON MY DINNER PLATE!!!--