Computer shuts off at boot

March 4, 2005 4:47:11 PM

I just built a new pc with a Foxconn mobo, and when I try to instal windows
the computer shuts off. It happens just as you have it boot from disk. I have
tried disconnecting all power except for the HD, CPU fan, and CD-ROM. Also it
can sit in the BIOS set up for hours with no problem. Please help :-)

More about : computer shuts boot

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:55:18 PM

make sure the processor is in it slot real nice and tight and the heat sink
and fan.

"Tharc" <Tharc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just built a new pc with a Foxconn mobo, and when I try to instal windows
> the computer shuts off. It happens just as you have it boot from disk. I
> have
> tried disconnecting all power except for the HD, CPU fan, and CD-ROM. Also
> it
> can sit in the BIOS set up for hours with no problem. Please help :-)
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 8:33:05 AM

First off I got a bad processor sent to me and it wouldn't even boot, so I
put in one from my old PC ( same exact processor ) and it finally started the
boot process. Now as I have it boot Windows it shuts off.

!