Computer shuts off at boot

I just built a new pc with a Foxconn mobo, and when I try to instal windows
the computer shuts off. It happens just as you have it boot from disk. I have
tried disconnecting all power except for the HD, CPU fan, and CD-ROM. Also it
can sit in the BIOS set up for hours with no problem. Please help :-)
2 answers Last reply
More about computer shuts boot

    make sure the processor is in it slot real nice and tight and the heat sink
    and fan.

    "Tharc" <Tharc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just built a new pc with a Foxconn mobo, and when I try to instal windows
    > the computer shuts off. It happens just as you have it boot from disk. I
    > have
    > tried disconnecting all power except for the HD, CPU fan, and CD-ROM. Also
    > it
    > can sit in the BIOS set up for hours with no problem. Please help :-)

    First off I got a bad processor sent to me and it wouldn't even boot, so I
    put in one from my old PC ( same exact processor ) and it finally started the
    boot process. Now as I have it boot Windows it shuts off.

    "hustedj" wrote:

    > make sure the processor is in it slot real nice and tight and the heat sink
    > and fan.
    >

    > "Tharc" <Tharc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just built a new pc with a Foxconn mobo, and when I try to instal windows
    > > the computer shuts off. It happens just as you have it boot from disk. I
    > > have
    > > tried disconnecting all power except for the HD, CPU fan, and CD-ROM. Also
    > > it
    > > can sit in the BIOS set up for hours with no problem. Please help :-)

Computers Boot Windows XP