Ian

After sorting out continuous rebooting problem thanks for
the help.
I an now getting the following messages 1 "Remote
procedure call in NT authority/system" then 2 "Generic
host process for win 32 services" then the machine would
reboot itself then after reboot the message would appear
in a box saying the message 2 with a count down clock for
shutdown then it would reboot itself over and over again!
Can any body help me? please!!!!!

That sounds a lot like Blaster and Sasser.
SP-2 protects against both of those.
You do have SP-2 installed?

See if this helps:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/blaster.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"Ian" <icmedh@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> After sorting out continuous rebooting problem thanks for
> the help.
> I an now getting the following messages 1 "Remote
> procedure call in NT authority/system" then 2 "Generic
> host process for win 32 services" then the machine would
> reboot itself then after reboot the message would appear
> in a box saying the message 2 with a count down clock for
> shutdown then it would reboot itself over and over again!
> Can any body help me? please!!!!!

Ian

no I had to uninstall it to be able to use my computer as
it would not get pass the boot up, error message then
reboot it self I have checked for viruses and spyware
system is clean!

> no I had to uninstall it to be able to use my computer as
> it would not get pass the boot up, error message then
> reboot it self I have checked for viruses and spyware
> system is clean!

Some viruses can defeat antivirus measures. What did you use? Run
Mcaffee's Stinger from safe mode.

I should have also asked if you had a firewall.
If you did not have a firewall, the chance is extremely high you have Sasser
or Blaster.
It only takes seconds for an unprotected computer to get hit.
There is no time to download anything or enable anything.
You MUST have the firewall in place before making the physical connection to
the internet.
Follow the link in my other post to verify but first enable the firewall:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283673

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]