Sundering Titan?

My question is this:
When Sundering Titan comes into play I
feel you chose one basic land of each type
in play and the same for when it leaves play
you choose one land of every basic type and
destroy those.

or do you choose a basic land type and destroy
all lands of that type?

thanks in advance
Drak

Drak <drak@hotmail.com> wrote:
>When Sundering Titan comes into play I
>feel you chose one basic land of each type
>in play and the same for when it leaves play
>you choose one land of every basic type and destroy those.

Yes; that's what the card says, after all:

Sundering Titan 8 Artifact Creature
7/10 When ~ comes into play, choose a land of each basic land type, then
destroy those lands. / When ~ leaves play, choose a land of each basic land
type, then destroy those lands.

>or do you choose a basic land type and destroy all lands of that type?

No, because that's not what this card says to do.

Dave

Drak <drak@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My question is this:
> When Sundering Titan comes into play I
> feel you chose one basic land of each type
> in play and the same for when it leaves play
> you choose one land of every basic type and
> destroy those.

I see no requirement that the lands you choose be basic:

Sundering Titan
{8}
Artifact Creature
7/10
When Sundering Titan comes into play, choose a land of each basic land
type, then destroy those lands.
When Sundering Titan leaves play, choose a land of each basic land type,
then destroy those lands.

Both triggers require choosing a land of each basic land type (up to
five lands in all). For example, with Blanket of Night in play, ANY
land (basic or otherwise) could be chosen as the swamp.

> or do you choose a basic land type and destroy
> all lands of that type?

It says absolutely nothing about choosing a basic land type.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

Daniel W. Johnson <panoptes@iquest.net> wrote:
>Drak <drak@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> My question is this:
>> When Sundering Titan comes into play I
>> feel you chose one basic land of each type
>> in play and the same for when it leaves play
>> you choose one land of every basic type and destroy those.
>
>I see no requirement that the lands you choose be basic:

Ah, correct. (Though if Drak is fairly new, he may not even -know- about
the old old dual lands...)

The lands must either be basic lands ... or have a basic land type for some
other reason. (Having had their land type changed to be a basic land type
counts; so does Blanket of Night's effect, or being one of the ten original
dual lands, or a Snow-Covered basic land from Ice Age. But that's about it.)

But yes, you are choosing lands of certain land types, NOT "basic lands
of each type".

Dave