lost the sounf of my laptop

I have a packard bell laptop and yesterday I downloaded some regetery
cleaning software and after I cleaned my registery I think I cleaned my sound
drives and now I can't hear any sound on my laptop what should I do please
help.
--
rdgfdfh
1 answer Last reply

    It is unlikely that this activity caused the 'drivers' for the sound card to
    be uninstalled.

    You can check in device manager for 'sound'; the entries can include:
    nnnn Audio Controller
    Media Control Devices
    Audio Codecs

    If these are not OK you should see a yellow ! next to the device. If so,
    then install the correct drivers for the devices - starting with Audio
    COntroller.

    If these are OK, then look to your volume controls and check that none are
    checked as 'mute'. Also check thje volume settings from the volume control
    on your laptop [on the case a thumbwheel, or push button].

    If everyhting looks to be correct and you haven't any sound, you can try
    removing the devices from device manager and let XP reinstall them after a
    reboot.

    "eeeeeeeee" wrote:

    > I have a packard bell laptop and yesterday I downloaded some regetery
    > cleaning software and after I cleaned my registery I think I cleaned my sound
    > drives and now I can't hear any sound on my laptop what should I do please
    > help.
    > --
    > rdgfdfh

Laptops Packard Bell Support Microsoft Windows XP