Data Recovery Help Needed

I need a miracle

I need to find a way to recover files from a partition that was
reformatted.

The files are there. I used a trial software from On Track which did
find that files are there. But this software (their cheapest,
naturally) is very limited in what it can recognize, and incredibly
restrictive in the way it operates. Most of what I lost is in formats
this program does not recognize.

I am hoping for a miracle.

Does anyone here know of a free or cheap data recovery application?

Running WinXP SP2

Thank you
7 answers Last reply
More about data recovery needed

    Hi,

    Here a utility that you may want to look into.
    PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
    http://www.pc-inspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm
    For the best chance of recovering the files install the drive in
    question into another system as a secondary drive and do not boot to
    it. Booting to the drive will greatly reduce the chances of recovering
    the files as they can be over wrote.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    I Got A Problem wrote:
    > I need a miracle
    >
    > I need to find a way to recover files from a partition
    > that was reformatted.
    >
    > The files are there. I used a trial software from On
    > Track which did find that files are there. But this
    > software (their cheapest, naturally) is very limited in
    > what it can recognize, and incredibly restrictive in the
    > way it operates. Most of what I lost is in formats this
    > program does not recognize.
    >
    > I am hoping for a miracle.
    >
    > Does anyone here know of a free or cheap data recovery
    > application?
    >
    > Running WinXP SP2
    >
    > Thank you

    I appreciate the link. Unfortunately the program does not find any
    files...

    Thank you so much for your help.

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:29:25 -0500, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Here a utility that you may want to look into.
    >PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
    >http://www.pc-inspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm
    >For the best chance of recovering the files install the drive in
    >question into another system as a secondary drive and do not boot to
    >it. Booting to the drive will greatly reduce the chances of recovering
    >the files as they can be over wrote.

    Hi,

    This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
    http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "I Got A Problem" <igotaproblem@confused.com> wrote in message
    >I need a miracle
    >
    > I need to find a way to recover files from a partition that was
    > reformatted.
    >
    > The files are there. I used a trial software from On Track which did
    > find that files are there. But this software (their cheapest,
    > naturally) is very limited in what it can recognize, and incredibly
    > restrictive in the way it operates. Most of what I lost is in formats
    > this program does not recognize.
    >
    > I am hoping for a miracle.
    >
    > Does anyone here know of a free or cheap data recovery application?
    >
    > Running WinXP SP2
    >
    > Thank you

    Try this one then.
    Restoration download and review - file undelete utility from SnapFiles
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    I Got A Problem wrote:
    > I appreciate the link. Unfortunately the program does not
    > find any files...
    >
    > Thank you so much for your help.
    >
    > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:29:25 -0500, "Bert Kinney"
    > <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Here a utility that you may want to look into.
    >> PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
    >> http://www.pc-inspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm
    >> For the best chance of recovering the files install the
    >> drive in question into another system as a secondary
    >> drive and do not boot to it. Booting to the drive will
    >> greatly reduce the chances of recovering the files as
    >> they can be over wrote.

    Hi Rick,

    The link you posted isn't working.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
    > http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
    >

    > "I Got A Problem" <igotaproblem@confused.com> wrote in
    > message news:kruh2191n7g4kn3nc92os68v760vku0rl5@4ax.com...
    >> I need a miracle
    >>
    >> I need to find a way to recover files from a partition
    >> that was reformatted.
    >>
    >> The files are there. I used a trial software from On
    >> Track which did find that files are there. But this
    >> software (their cheapest, naturally) is very limited in
    >> what it can recognize, and incredibly restrictive in the
    >> way it operates. Most of what I lost is in formats this
    >> program does not recognize. I am hoping for a miracle.
    >>
    >> Does anyone here know of a free or cheap data recovery
    >> application? Running WinXP SP2
    >>
    >> Thank you

    Actually, It worked fine for me, brought me to the same place your
    link did, and started the download automatically. Unfortunately it
    found no files on my reformatted partition....

    :)

    Thanks you both for the help though..

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:07:38 -0500, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Hi Rick,
    >
    >The link you posted isn't working.
    >
    >--
    >Regards,
    >Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    >http://dts-l.org/
    >

    >Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
    >> http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
    >>

    >> "I Got A Problem" <igotaproblem@confused.com> wrote in
    >> message news:kruh2191n7g4kn3nc92os68v760vku0rl5@4ax.com...
    >>> I need a miracle
    >>>
    >>> I need to find a way to recover files from a partition
    >>> that was reformatted.
    >>>
    >>> The files are there. I used a trial software from On
    >>> Track which did find that files are there. But this
    >>> software (their cheapest, naturally) is very limited in
    >>> what it can recognize, and incredibly restrictive in the
    >>> way it operates. Most of what I lost is in formats this
    >>> program does not recognize. I am hoping for a miracle.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone here know of a free or cheap data recovery
    >>> application? Running WinXP SP2
    >>>
    >>> Thank you

    Thanks for the heads up Bert.

    --

    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > The link you posted isn't working.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
    >> http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm
    >>

    >> "I Got A Problem" <igotaproblem@confused.com> wrote in
    >> message news:kruh2191n7g4kn3nc92os68v760vku0rl5@4ax.com...
    >>> I need a miracle
    >>>
    >>> I need to find a way to recover files from a partition
    >>> that was reformatted.
    >>>
    >>> The files are there. I used a trial software from On
    >>> Track which did find that files are there. But this
    >>> software (their cheapest, naturally) is very limited in
    >>> what it can recognize, and incredibly restrictive in the
    >>> way it operates. Most of what I lost is in formats this
    >>> program does not recognize. I am hoping for a miracle.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone here know of a free or cheap data recovery
    >>> application? Running WinXP SP2
    >>>
    >>> Thank you

Data Recovery Microsoft Software Windows XP