Help!!!! Dialer.18.c Hijacked IE

My friend went online with ICQ chat and picked up 3 virus.
I got rid of one by using stinger and cleansys from
microtrend.
But 39.exe in Window Folder and dc2.exe in recycler keep
reinventing themselves after being deleted by above
programs.
Can somebody help us please as we don't want to reformat
as he hasn't a burner.
regards Marea

Hi,

Have him run the cleaners in Safe mode. They are difficult to remove if they
are active in normal mode.

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Marea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend went online with ICQ chat and picked up 3 virus.
> I got rid of one by using stinger and cleansys from
> microtrend.
> But 39.exe in Window Folder and dc2.exe in recycler keep
> reinventing themselves after being deleted by above
> programs.
> Can somebody help us please as we don't want to reformat
> as he hasn't a burner.
> regards Marea

I ran in Safe mode, turned off restore, ran cleansys
twice, then ran avg. I even tried to delete with command
line, but still comes back, because 39.exe is regarded as
system file. I unchecked hidden and system files before
doing all this, but to no avail
regards Marea
Australia

Hi Marea,

Try these: Free virus removal tools:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/8/lng/us/tpl/v5/nid/3001#3001
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

You should repeat this in all user profiles before booting the system
normally.