Can't access exe files..

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Hi,

I have XP Pro. I copied a DVD over to my laptop HD and made it into an
avi to play.

When I next rebooted, I noticed all my desktop shortcuts had the
'windows' icon on them instead of the program icon.

None of my exe files would run either and I noticed that in exploer all
exe files also had that windows incon next to them.

Obviously something has corrupted a necessary file that open exe's.

Any help here please?

Rock

Windows® XP File Association Fixes
Copyright 2003 - Doug Knox

EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)

LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix (Restores Default Shortcut Behavior)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OwZkxNSIFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Rock <1940@pobox.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
>
> I have XP Pro. I copied a DVD over to my laptop HD and made it into
> an avi to play.
>
> When I next rebooted, I noticed all my desktop shortcuts had the
> 'windows' icon on them instead of the program icon.
>
> None of my exe files would run either and I noticed that in exploer
> all exe files also had that windows incon next to them.
>
> Obviously something has corrupted a necessary file that open exe's.
>
> Any help here please?
>
> Rock

TRENDING THREADS