giving me headache

i dont seem to know my computer anymore.my internet explorer is not workin
anymore so i started using mozilla firefox instead for my browser.i tried to
make it as my official browser but says its not properly installed.tried
installing windows pack 1 thinkin that my internet explorer might work now
but the installer wont open since its lookin for some reason i dont know.im
loosin hope already so i tried restoring my system to where when my
explorer works but it wont let me to again.dialog box says that something
with dll or something that it automatically shuts down.could somebody help
me.anything.like how to change my official net browser which i dont have to
use my internet explorer if it wont work.or maybe just with this dll stuff
that could possibly let my system restore get through.plsssss thanx.

do u have administrator RIGHTS

Controlpanel / internet options /Prograns tab