Dell Printer Cartridges

I have a Dell 920 printer and was wondering whether anybody knew of
alternative priner cartridges that could be used rather than having to do to
Dell all the time ... it looks similar to a Lexmark to me
6 answers Last reply
More about dell printer cartridges

    so far as i know (could be wrong, but i'm 90% certain) the dell 920 is
    a rebadged lexmark. as are some, if not all, of there other printers.
    just as some of there speakers are rebadged altec lansing or harmon
    kardon. if this is in fact the case, then simply find what model
    lexmark it is and look for compatible cartridges. should find a bunch.
    just make sure there good quality carts and of course, fully
    compatible.

    Actually your 90% wrong, your correct in saying the 920 is a rebadged
    Lexmark as is one of Dells other printers the others being rebadged Samsung
    and Canon however the one thing all the printers have is that the cartridges
    wether laser or onkjet have a special keying system which means they wont
    fir in the corresponding manufacturers machines and vice versa so you have
    to buy from Dell, so dont waste your money by trying to make em fit
    "jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote in message
    > so far as i know (could be wrong, but i'm 90% certain) the dell 920 is
    > a rebadged lexmark. as are some, if not all, of there other printers.
    > just as some of there speakers are rebadged altec lansing or harmon
    > kardon. if this is in fact the case, then simply find what model
    > lexmark it is and look for compatible cartridges. should find a bunch.
    > just make sure there good quality carts and of course, fully
    > compatible.

    I'm looking also for the 720 printer cartrideges.... got it "free" with the
    laptop, figured I would use it till the cartridges run out then maybe toss
    it... funny thing, good old Dell only sends a demonstration cartridges that
    don't carry the normal amount of ink. No shipping, or tax for the printer
    so I accepted it. Now to find a alternate cartridge that will fit.

    JIm

    "PJ" <pj@penmark.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell 920 printer and was wondering whether anybody knew of
    >alternative priner cartridges that could be used rather than having to do
    >to Dell all the time ... it looks similar to a Lexmark to me

    Unfortunately, until Dell printers reach a critical mass, aftermarket
    cartridges will be slim pickings.

    You may be able to refill them, but Lexmark carts won't fit - and there
    likely aren't third party options (yet; Dell's printer business is
    growing quickly).

    jim wrote:
    > I'm looking also for the 720 printer cartrideges.... got it "free" with the
    > laptop, figured I would use it till the cartridges run out then maybe toss
    > it... funny thing, good old Dell only sends a demonstration cartridges that
    > don't carry the normal amount of ink. No shipping, or tax for the printer
    > so I accepted it. Now to find a alternate cartridge that will fit.

    Try these if they are available:
    http://www.islandinkjet.com/locations_usa.html
    Refills about half the cost and they do Lexmark cartridges.
    They have rigged a Lexmark printer to test the Dell so it can be done at
    least that way.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "PJ" <pj@penmark.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell 920 printer and was wondering whether anybody knew of
    >alternative priner cartridges that could be used rather than having to do
    >to Dell all the time ... it looks similar to a Lexmark to me

    well, perhap's fifty percent right is more like it!

Dell Printers Computers