Can't play DVD on DVD R/W

I got frustated. Have tried:
1. Hardware NEC DVD_RW ND-1300 A. Try to flash the BIOS with the new firm
ware from manufacturer for updating the driver, but still not working.
2. Tried to un-load and un-install all resident program such as DAEMON
Tools, DVD region free and DVD decrypter, still not working

My DVD burner cannot recognise DVD disc.After inserted the disc usually the
autoplay program start giving an option which program we want to use, but
now, it just do nothing. If I play it from prerecorder DVD data file it's
working properly. I believe it's not an issue with my DVD decorder. Beside
DVD disc, the DVD R/W can read data and music file. Could you tell me how to
fix it? It happens after my PC hang while trying to play DVD disc, after I
boot the drive can't play anymore. Please help guys...

Many2 Thanks
-Jeff-

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried uninstalling the drive itself? What about doing a system
restore to when it was working?

Newtechie

"Jeffry Husman" <jhusman@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>I got frustated. Have tried:
> 1. Hardware NEC DVD_RW ND-1300 A. Try to flash the BIOS with the new firm
> ware from manufacturer for updating the driver, but still not working.
> 2. Tried to un-load and un-install all resident program such as DAEMON
> Tools, DVD region free and DVD decrypter, still not working
>
> My DVD burner cannot recognise DVD disc.After inserted the disc usually
> the autoplay program start giving an option which program we want to use,
> but now, it just do nothing. If I play it from prerecorder DVD data file
> it's working properly. I believe it's not an issue with my DVD decorder.
> Beside DVD disc, the DVD R/W can read data and music file. Could you tell
> me how to fix it? It happens after my PC hang while trying to play DVD
> disc, after I boot the drive can't play anymore. Please help guys...
>
> Many2 Thanks
> -Jeff-

Jeffry Husman said...

> My DVD burner cannot recognise DVD disc.After inserted the disc usually the
> autoplay program start giving an option which program we want to use, but
> now, it just do nothing. If I play it from prerecorder DVD data file it's
> working properly. I believe it's not an issue with my DVD decorder. Beside
> DVD disc, the DVD R/W can read data and music file. Could you tell me how to
> fix it? It happens after my PC hang while trying to play DVD disc, after I
> boot the drive can't play anymore. Please help guys...

Try "Autoplay Repair Wizard"...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/2/2326455e-a840-4c61-bc28-
3afa1820b240/AutoFix.exe

The above link may break, make sure you cut and paste the full link to
your browser.

HTH.
--
t@k
(Invalid return address. Please reply to newsgroup).