Windows DVD +R/W Issue

I have a pioneer DVR-108 DVD +-R/W drive, everytime I try to use it for
writing it thinks the blank DVD's r/w media are CD R/W's. Even explorer
identifies the drive as a CD disk not a DVD when I insert a DVD+RW into the
drive.

What do I do?

Duftopia
3 answers Last reply
More about windows issue

    Duftopia wrote:
    > I have a pioneer DVR-108 DVD +-R/W drive, everytime I try to use it
    > for writing it thinks the blank DVD's r/w media are CD R/W's. Even
    > explorer identifies the drive as a CD disk not a DVD when I insert a
    > DVD+RW into the drive.
    >
    > What do I do?

    Tell us what application you are using to burn DVDs, as Windows XP does not
    natively support DVD+/- R/RW...

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    "=?Utf-8?B?RHVmdG9waWE=?=" wrote in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
    >I have a pioneer DVR-108 DVD +-R/W drive, everytime I try to use it for
    >writing it thinks the blank DVD's r/w media are CD R/W's. Even explorer
    >identifies the drive as a CD disk not a DVD when I insert a DVD+RW into the
    >drive.

    Windows XP doesn't have native DVD burning software; you beed to
    get a third-party program.

    Since Windows _does_ have native CD burning software, it assumes
    that anything in the dive must eb a CD. :-)

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    I am using Drive Image pro vr 7.0 (Now owned by Symantec), I have followed
    numerous instructions since november 2004 and they all have failed, in
    addition a sony product called "Click to DVD" which retorts that it can
    create Multiple create to multiple DVD's several home movies I've tried to
    copy has also failed but this could be entirely a different case.

    I have downloaded something called gear and any ms updates, but right now
    the drive in an idle state says its a "DVD-RW", but when I insert a blank DVD
    into the drive it chages (In MS Explorer) to report that its a "CD Drive".

    Also when I ran drivepro (Symantecs version) and tried to first time backup
    of my drive to DVD it went to my usb harddisk and formatted it, I stopped in
    in about 2 seconds but thats 2 seconds too late in computer time, is there a
    free program to unformat on the web somewhere since I know I've done it in
    the past with norton utils (until symantec got hold of that as well)

    Thank You!
    Michael (duftopia)

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Duftopia wrote:
    > > I have a pioneer DVR-108 DVD +-R/W drive, everytime I try to use it
    > > for writing it thinks the blank DVD's r/w media are CD R/W's. Even
    > > explorer identifies the drive as a CD disk not a DVD when I insert a
    > > DVD+RW into the drive.
    > >
    > > What do I do?
    >
    > Tell us what application you are using to burn DVDs, as Windows XP does not
    > natively support DVD+/- R/RW...
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

DVD CD-Rom Windows XP