Problem with ICS on home network

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Hello, I am trying to share my cable internet connection between two
computers, but can't seem to get the internet working from the client
computer.

I am using two network cards in the host and one in the client, with a
crossover cable. I disabled the xp firewall in the client computer, as
well, and I ran the networking wizard on both like you're supposed to.

I can share files no problem with both computers, but from the client
computer, when I try to use the internet, it won't connect at all.

I've been googling for the past three hours, but no luck.

If someone could help me, I'd really appreciate it, as I have no clue what
is wrong.

Thank you very much,
Ivan

Ivan,

Try this question in the networking groups. Or, use AnalogX instead.

Using AnalogX Proxy to share an Internet Connection in a network:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/analogx.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User