BSOD error, asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idkaaw

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I've been getting this BSOD every time I try to open youtube, and some similar video sharing sites. BSOD appears when the video plays, then it restarts.
When I try to open youtube under safe mode, however, the computer doesn't shut down and the video plays perfectly. Of course, when in the safe mode, the audio is disabled, etc.
The error comes in other sites too, sometimes.
So I'm trying to fix this, can anyone help please?

Here's the picture of the BSOD, but there have been times where it states different things, but usually the atikmpag.sys is there.
P18-07-11_1848.jpg

My laptop is a Asus K42JY, Windows 7, Radeon HD 6470M 1GB.
Thanks in advance!

idkaaw

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Driver sweeper? Does that mean my files are going to be affected? And what driver sweeper do you suggest, I'm pretty much at loss when it comes to repairing my computer.

Driver Sweeper is a specific program: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
Yes, your files will be affected. It will find and remove your drivers. This is fine, though, as you can easily reinstall them, hopefully minus whatever's causing your problem. This may be easier if you still have any install discs.

idkaaw

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Files, as in everything in my C and D drive? What's an install disk? And does that guru3d works for windows 7?

Edit; it seems that the program was discontinued, and I can't download it anymore. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.