Outlook Express stops responding

Had my motherboard replaced and the tect reinstalled all my
old files and after I got it home and got my stuff in Outlook Express
reinstalled, I started a download of my e-mail. But after about a dozen or
so e-mails the thing stops downloading and the busy icon shows up. Never
the same amount of e-mail. I do a control-alt-delete and it shows
Outlook is not responding. I can close out of Outlook and then bring it
right back up and all my messages are there, already downloaded with no
other problems for the rest of the time I'm on the computer.
This has happened everyday since I got it back....about a week now!
I can go into the Processes when it's not responding and 100% of the cpu
is being used. The one thing running with about 98% of that is "msimn.exe"
I have run my anti-virus....my spybot...my ad-aware first, even with
nothing left showing any viruses or other problems, I still have this
problem!
I'm running WinXP sp1. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

pennym@icehouse.net

Penny

In Outlook Express try creating a new identity. File, Identities, Add
New Identity. Can you now download mail? If yes then import your archive
of messages to your new identity using File, Import etc. When everything
is running correctly delete the old identity.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
FCA