Blinkmoth Nexus Glimmervoid

Turn 1: Put out Blinkmoth Nexus.
Turn 2: Put out Glimmervoid, make Blinkmoth Nexus into a 1/1 artifact creature.

At the end of my turn, does the Glimmervoid stay or go to my graveyard?

Thanks.

aaronkmeyer@yahoo.com (SulfuricMox) writes:
> Turn 1: Put out Blinkmoth Nexus.
> Turn 2: Put out Glimmervoid, make Blinkmoth Nexus into a 1/1
> artifact creature.
>
> At the end of my turn, does the Glimmervoid stay or go to my
> graveyard?

It stays. Blinkmoth Nexus's animation ability lasts until end of
turn, which means it will still be an artifact creature during the
end-of-turn step, so the Glimmervoid won't trigger at the beginning of
the end-of-turn step.

Note that you're also going to need to animate it during your
opponent's turn to prevent the Glimmervoid from going away during
their turn. And you might want to play a "real" artifact sooner rather
than later.

--
Peter C.
"The IPng WG has selected a packet format which includes 1696 bytes of

SulfuricMox <aaronkmeyer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Turn 1: Put out Blinkmoth Nexus.
>Turn 2: Put out Glimmervoid, make Blinkmoth Nexus into a 1/1 artifact creature.
>
>At the end of my turn, does the Glimmervoid stay or go to my graveyard?

Things that trigger "at end of turn", such as Glimmervoid's ability, trigger
as "end of turn" step in End phase starts.

Things that last "until end of turn", like Blinkmoth Nexus' ability's effect,
last until "cleanup" step in End phase starts.

Cleanup step is after end-of-turn step. (312.1, though looking at it it's
not exactly clear that they occur in the order given...)

So the Nexus is still an artifact creature land at the time Glimmervoid's
ability would trigger... so, through the magic of "intervening if clause"
rules (404.3, 410.8), Glimmervoid doesn't trigger at all, this turn, since
its "intervening if" clause wasn't true at the time it would trigger.

The Glimmervoid, then, stays.

Dave