http 500 internal server error

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello
On a home pc using xp home and internet explorer. updated windows to sp1 and
internet explorer to sp 1 too. One particulat website "www.artrenewal.org"
returns http 500 internal server error. since then updated to xp and explorer
sp 2. but did nt fix problen. Tried Q831167. no good either. unfortinuatly
tre restore points seen to have been removed from earlier then sp1
installation. I Need A Fix on this.
Note the problem is only occouring on above web site on this computer. all
other sites ok ete

Ronan
5 answers Last reply
More about http internal server error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    It has nothing to do with your local computer. A 500 internal server error
    means there is a problem with the computer/server that the web site is
    hosted on. Nothing you can do to fix it.

    Tom
    "ronan1961" <ronan1961@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:1599968B-B903-44FF-9B6A-60534EF25135@microsoft.com...
    | Hello
    | On a home pc using xp home and internet explorer. updated windows to sp1
    and
    | internet explorer to sp 1 too. One particulat website "www.artrenewal.org"
    | returns http 500 internal server error. since then updated to xp and
    explorer
    | sp 2. but did nt fix problen. Tried Q831167. no good either. unfortinuatly
    | tre restore points seen to have been removed from earlier then sp1
    | installation. I Need A Fix on this.
    | Note the problem is only occouring on above web site on this computer. all
    | other sites ok ete
    |
    | Ronan
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Thank You for reply
    But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
    Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
    having as sense of humour failure over this.
    Any idea on possible solutions

    Ronan

    "Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:

    > It has nothing to do with your local computer. A 500 internal server error
    > means there is a problem with the computer/server that the web site is
    > hosted on. Nothing you can do to fix it.
    >
    > Tom
    > "ronan1961" <ronan1961@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:1599968B-B903-44FF-9B6A-60534EF25135@microsoft.com...
    > | Hello
    > | On a home pc using xp home and internet explorer. updated windows to sp1
    > and
    > | internet explorer to sp 1 too. One particulat website "www.artrenewal.org"
    > | returns http 500 internal server error. since then updated to xp and
    > explorer
    > | sp 2. but did nt fix problen. Tried Q831167. no good either. unfortinuatly
    > | tre restore points seen to have been removed from earlier then sp1
    > | installation. I Need A Fix on this.
    > | Note the problem is only occouring on above web site on this computer. all
    > | other sites ok ete
    > |
    > | Ronan
    >
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYW4=?=" wrote in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
    >Thank You for reply
    >But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
    >Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
    >having as sense of humour failure over this.
    >Any idea on possible solutions

    I would check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Open
    it with Notepad; if you see that domain listed in there, remove it.

    Also try the obvious: clear the browser cache, cloe and reopen the
    browser.

    --

    Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Stan Brown wrote:
    > "=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYW4=?=" wrote in
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
    >
    >>Thank You for reply
    >>But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
    >>Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
    >>having as sense of humour failure over this.
    >>Any idea on possible solutions
    >
    >
    > I would check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Open
    > it with Notepad; if you see that domain listed in there, remove it.
    >
    > Also try the obvious: clear the browser cache, cloe and reopen the
    > browser.
    >
    Also check for AdWare and (possibly) viruses.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Thanks again.
    Ok checked out the Hosts file Nothing saying "www.artrenewal.com or .org.
    Ran microsoft anti spyware beta that removed some spy ware alright.
    No result though on this site on that particular computer.
    Any more Ideas please?

    Ronan

    "Enkidu" wrote:

    > Stan Brown wrote:
    > > "=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYW4=?=" wrote in
    > > microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
    > >
    > >>Thank You for reply
    > >>But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
    > >>Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
    > >>having as sense of humour failure over this.
    > >>Any idea on possible solutions
    > >
    > >
    > > I would check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Open
    > > it with Notepad; if you see that domain listed in there, remove it.
    > >
    > > Also try the obvious: clear the browser cache, cloe and reopen the
    > > browser.
    > >
    > Also check for AdWare and (possibly) viruses.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff
    >
    > --
    >
    > Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Servers Windows XP