Windows Installer''Settings''

-- am running XP pro with sp2.my question is how do I install Sun java
virtual
machine. when i try to do so,I get a message that says installer cannot
install because i am in safe mode or Windows installer is not installed.I
have tried installing off the web and manually. In administrative
tools/services installer is set at manual.when i double click on the
installer and select Start I get a message that says Error 3,cannot find
path.All other programmes install/uninstall normally.I have tried run/command
msiexec/unregister then msiexec/regserver.I get 'cannot find path'. One last
question,if I have .NET framework1 and 1.1 do i need Java virtual machine
--
thanks a bunch

Sp2 disables Java with a reg entry

Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when you open an HTML file on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-b:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878461

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Perky" <alperk47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0735BBDA-EBA9-4633-B12E-8E55AD078FF5@microsoft.com...

> -- am running XP pro with sp2.my question is how do I install Sun java
> virtual
> machine. when i try to do so,I get a message that says installer cannot
> install because i am in safe mode or Windows installer is not installed.I
> have tried installing off the web and manually. In administrative
> tools/services installer is set at manual.when i double click on the
> installer and select Start I get a message that says Error 3,cannot find
> path.All other programmes install/uninstall normally.I have tried run/command
> msiexec/unregister then msiexec/regserver.I get 'cannot find path'. One last
> question,if I have .NET framework1 and 1.1 do i need Java virtual machine
> --
> thanks a bunch

mark
thanks for your advice