Cant change title bars

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Running XP SP2 with an ATI Radeon 7000 vid card. After the installation I
wanted to change the size of the title bars and windows text and found that
I couldn't do this, the system would act like it was changing the appearance
but then it would just hang. However, I can change the menu bar and text
size when the appearance is set to Windows Classic style.
Also, I can login as another profile and with the Windows XP appearance I
can change all the settings. So this is related to my specific profile on
this PC. I have tried creating a new profile and it worked for a while but
then stopped, reverting to the original issue. I've tried repairing the XP
installation and performing the changes above in Safe Mode without success.
Anyone have any ideas? MS and ATi have no mention on their support sites of
such issues.
--
John

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151