aol instant msngr not win32 application?

Hey all, just got a new computer with xp and tried to download aol instant
messenger only to be told that that installation program cant be run, as it
is not a win32 application? color me stupid, but i dont know what this means
nor how to remedy it. ive had computers with windows xp before and never run
into this problem...any help greatly appreciated, thanks--

jess wrote:

> Hey all, just got a new computer with xp and tried to download aol instant
> messenger only to be told that that installation program cant be run, as it
> is not a win32 application? color me stupid, but i dont know what this means
> nor how to remedy it. ive had computers with windows xp before and never run
> into this problem...any help greatly appreciated, thanks--

not a win32 application
usually means you got a Corupted DOWNLOAD!!

Redownload it and try again