I am getting no sound, no noise at all from my speakers. I have searched and
tried to find the problem but to no avail. I do not get error messages, I
just get no sound from my speakers. Can you help me. I checked for drivers
...I don't know what I am looking for. Do I look under sound devices or
drivers or speakers? I tried trouble shooting, I tried going through the
lists here in this forum. I had sound a week ago and now I do not.

And if your sound card is there, make sure nothing is muted in Audio
Properties.

Newtechie

"Marcene725" <Marcene725@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting no sound, no noise at all from my speakers. I have searched
>and
> tried to find the problem but to no avail. I do not get error messages, I
> just get no sound from my speakers. Can you help me. I checked for
> drivers
> ..I don't know what I am looking for. Do I look under sound devices or
> drivers or speakers? I tried trouble shooting, I tried going through the
> lists here in this forum. I had sound a week ago and now I do not.

CONTROL PANEL - SOUNDS.. go to the AUDIO tab and check that the sound card
is showing up as a usable device.. if it isn't, you will have to re-install
the card and drivers..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Marcene725" <Marcene725@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting no sound, no noise at all from my speakers. I have searched
>and
> tried to find the problem but to no avail. I do not get error messages, I
> just get no sound from my speakers. Can you help me. I checked for
> drivers
> ..I don't know what I am looking for. Do I look under sound devices or
> drivers or speakers? I tried trouble shooting, I tried going through the
> lists here in this forum. I had sound a week ago and now I do not.

How do I reinstall the card and drivers. Please give me detailed information
(I am a woman, Ha Ha)

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> CONTROL PANEL - SOUNDS.. go to the AUDIO tab and check that the sound card
> is showing up as a usable device.. if it isn't, you will have to re-install
> the card and drivers..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Marcene725" <Marcene725@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting no sound, no noise at all from my speakers. I have searched
> >and
> > tried to find the problem but to no avail. I do not get error messages, I
> > just get no sound from my speakers. Can you help me. I checked for
> > drivers
> > ..I don't know what I am looking for. Do I look under sound devices or
> > drivers or speakers? I tried trouble shooting, I tried going through the
> > lists here in this forum. I had sound a week ago and now I do not.

I did what you suggested. My sound seemed to leave after I updated media
play, now that I think about it. I had to restore back to factory settings
and start over 2 weeks ago because my sound went out. after I restored I had
sound, I updated media play and now again no sound.