Leadtek Geforce 2 GTS

Andee

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
I have a Leadtek Winfast Geforce 2 GTS. I was thinking of placing some RAMSinks on the memory chips (both sides) but because of the stock heatsink/fan on the card the memory chips on that side are covered. I was then thinking of also replacing the cooler with a all copper one (Vantec or Themaltake).

I have read reviews saying that this stock heatsink, being very large, is very good.

So my question is, it is worth changing the Leadtek heatsink with another one. Not necessary for overclocking purposes but to cool the core and the RAM more.

Oh and can anyone tell me of a good program which monitors the temperature video cards? One which gives temp for the core and the memory. And also a program which monitors the CPU.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Andee on 07/02/03 08:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Sure. I think a Tt Crystal Orb would be your best bet. And then whatever ramsinks you are going to use.

For gluing the ramsinks on I recommend Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy, or at LEAST Arctis Silver Alumina Thermal Expoxy.

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

Andee

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
Ok cool. I have read that the TT Crystal Orb is not all copper. The website says Copper plated and Nickel. Wouldn't a all copper one be better such as a Vantec?
For the new gpu cooler should I be using the Thermal Epoxy you mentioned? I am in Australia and I am able to get Arctic Silver Ceramique 2.7g Thermal Compound, Arctic Silver III Thermal Compound & Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
A Crystal Orb will provide more cooling then your GeForce2 needs. Even at overclocked speeds....

Please refrain from personal attacks of other users and the use of foul language or you'll be banned. Last warning. - Fredi