How to reinstall win 7 in my acer aspire one happy netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello Sir,

i have bought an acer aspire one happy. there are no os cd/dvd came with it. if it crashed its os. then how can i install win7 os in this. pl mail me on paramjit200976@gmail.com

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Don't post your email; you'll get attacked my spammers!
This is normal for most PCs and laptops.
With my experience with a netbook, you can do a system recovery which restores everything to factory default, so your netbook works like it's brand new.
When you turn the PC on, you press I believe F11.
It usually says at boot which button to press.

The trouble with this POS solution is that if your HD dies... you lose your primary and recovery partition :(

Just make sure you have your windows key - as long as you have that... you have hope.

The official solution in this scenario is that you contact Acer for recover DVD's (they will probably charge?)
The unofficial solution is to borrow a OEM windows DVD of the correct type and do the install yourself... the good news is you get a clean Windows install - without the bloated crap that usually gets preloaded on laptops.... the bad news is that you prob still need the acer site to get hold of your notebooks specific drivers.

HTH
Cheers

Update. I repeat some here as I was just typing it in before the last post...

True, but it doesn't help if the drive crashes.

Here's two other solutions:
1) get Acer to send you the Restore discs. You may have to pay $10 or whatever. If the drive fails in the future you can buy a new one and Restore. (if you buy an SSD to replace the drive you can easily clone. I just put my SSD in a USB "open-faced" case and used Acronis True Image free Western Digital Edition (seagate has one as well)

2) make a backup of your current C-drive. Again, you can use the same free Acronis True Image program for either Seagate or WD. Not sure about other drives.

*I make periodic IMAGES of my Windows partition using Acronis True Image to a USB hard drive. I always keep the original backup though just in case a virus sneaks in later on that I don't detect and end up with only corrupted backups.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Considering he is using a netbook, he'll need an external optical drive for the CD solution.
Not sure what country he lives in, but in the US, you can get a decent one for $30.

Can also use the "Builtin" windows 7 back up to create an image of the drive Plus a bootable resue disk - and it's free and it works. Located in windows control panel.

The image can be placed on an external HDD, or a set of DVDs (If netbook does not have DVDRW drive, then as already pointed out - good investment anyways. I've even copied the image to a 64 Gig Thumbdrive and restored. (Image was of a 128 gig SSD, space used was only about 40 gigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.