wireless base station mn-500 power outtage situation

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
March 12, 2005 1:17:53 PM

I have a personal wireless network established.
Wheneverthere is a power bump, my wireless network resets
to default "mshome" and I have to go thru the process to
reestablish the proper connection. Is there a way to
prevent this from occurring? Thanx
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 12, 2005 2:09:03 PM

You could invest in an UPS for backup power, or at least a strong power
strip which will check the supply and disconnect before damage is done.
There's nothing on the hardware which you can "adjust" to prevent it from
happening. That's in the control of your power company, where you should
complain about the service.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"tbyrd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a personal wireless network established.
> Wheneverthere is a power bump, my wireless network resets
> to default "mshome" and I have to go thru the process to
> reestablish the proper connection. Is there a way to
> prevent this from occurring? Thanx
August 1, 2012 7:11:46 AM

:bounce:  A wireless network offers enhanced flexibility and mobility. Desktops, laptops and other devices connected to the wireless network can access the network anywhere in your home or office. Besides, you can share files, devices such as printers and an Internet connection through a wireless network. Wireless networks eliminate extensive cabling. Here's how you can set up your own wireless network.
1、Assess your requirements. Make a list of all devices required for creating the network. These include wireless routers, wireless network adapters and nodes, switches or hubs, cable modem, wireless LAN cards for desktops and laptops, antennas, amplifiers, firewalls, wireless bridges and cables. Three types of wireless network technologies widely used are 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g. All equipment you buy should support either of these technologies, preferably 802.11g - the best performing standard of the three. Some of the basic devices that you will require for setting up a wireless network and sharing Internet connection on all computers connected include a broadband modem (cable or DSL), a wireless router, wireless LAN cards for all desktops/laptops and/or wireless network adapter(s) (nodes).
2、Connect your broadband modem to the wireless router. You could connect the modem with the router using a cord (Ethernet or CAT5).
3、Connect the wireless router with the computers. If your computers have wireless LAN cards, you can set them up to communicate directly with the wireless router. If you do not have wireless LAN cards, you will require a wireless network adapter per computer. In such cases, the wireless router will communicate with the wireless network adapter(s), which in turn will be connected to each computer. USB network adapters are recommended. These can be connected to computers through the USB port. Other adapters require Ethernet cable.
4、Connect all computers in the network to each other. Again, if your computers have wireless LAN cards, you can set them up to communicate directly with each other. However, if they are not equipped with wireless LAN cards, you will need a wireless network adapter for each computer. In such cases, the network adapter (preferably one that has a USB interface) can be connected to each computer and its antenna can be used for transmitting wireless signals.
Read more:http://www.ehow.com/how_2012447_set-wireless-network.ht...
!