Roar of Reclamation and Legendary Artifacts

If have two mindslaver in my graveyard when roar of reclamation
resolves, what happens?

I assume the following:

Roar of Reclamation resolves
All artifacts in all graveyards come into play
All triggered abilities that would trigger from artifacts coming into
play do, and wait
state based effects are checked before any one gets priority
two Mindslavers are in play, one has to go
But then I am at a loss.

Usually the legend with the newest timestamp would be the one sent to
the graveyard... But in this case both have the same time stamp. Do I
get to choose which one leaves play?
--
From the mind of Andrew Kicks
--A heartless man,

The Kicksen wrote:

> If have two mindslaver in my graveyard when roar of reclamation
> resolves, what happens?
>
> I assume the following:
>
> Roar of Reclamation resolves
> All artifacts in all graveyards come into play
> All triggered abilities that would trigger from artifacts coming into
> play do, and wait
> state based effects are checked before any one gets priority
> two Mindslavers are in play, one has to go
> But then I am at a loss.
>
> Usually the legend with the newest timestamp would be the one sent to
> the graveyard... But in this case both have the same time stamp. Do I
> get to choose which one leaves play?

420.5e
If two or more permanents with the same name have the subtype Legend or
the supertype legendary, all except the one that has been a Legend or
legendary permanent with that name the longest are put into their
owners’ graveyards. This is called “the Legend rule.” In the event of a
tie, each Legend or legendary permanent with the same name is put into
its owner’s graveyard. (If two permanents have the same name but only
one is a Legend or is legendary, this rule doesn’t apply.)

The Kicksen, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> If have two mindslaver in my graveyard when roar of reclamation
> resolves, what happens?
>
> I assume the following:
>
> Roar of Reclamation resolves
> All artifacts in all graveyards come into play
> All triggered abilities that would trigger from artifacts coming into
> play do, and wait
> state based effects are checked before any one gets priority
> two Mindslavers are in play, one has to go
> But then I am at a loss.
>
> Usually the legend with the newest timestamp would be the one sent to
> the graveyard... But in this case both have the same time stamp. Do I
> get to choose which one leaves play?

When two legends with the same timestamp (and name, of course) are in
play, both go away.

The Kicksen <slapkicksy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>If have two mindslaver in my graveyard when roar of reclamation
>resolves, what happens?

Both come into play at the same time; both see that there is another Legendary
permanent with their name in play, and that they have NOT been there longer
than that other one; both get put into owner's graveyard (yours) by the
duplicate-Legend state-based effect.

>I assume the following:
>Roar of Reclamation resolves
>All artifacts in all graveyards come into play
>All triggered abilities that would trigger from artifacts coming into
>play do, and wait
>state based effects are checked before any one gets priority
>two Mindslavers are in play, one has to go
>But then I am at a loss.

Take a closer look at where you're getting "one has to go" from. The actual
rule doesn't +say+ "one has to go". It says "the one that's been a Legend/
Legendary permanent in play with that name, the longest, gets to -stay-; all
others go". Here, neither one fits the former description because they both
appeared simultaneously ... so both go.

>Usually the legend with the newest timestamp

Stop. Timestamp has nothing to do with it; timestamp is different for each
permanent, and is only used for continuous-effect timing. The duplicate
legend rule (and the enchant world rule) care what their names are, what
their supertype is (or their category, "enchant world"), and how long they've
looked like that while in play. They don't care when they actually -came into
play-, which is probably what you're trying to mean by using "timestamp".
A Vesuvan Doppelganger that changes, while in play, to copy a Legend will
get itself put into the graveyard, regardless of whether it or the Legend
came into play first.

Dave

Carl Joly wrote:
> The Kicksen wrote:
>
>> If have two mindslaver in my graveyard when roar of reclamation
>> resolves, what happens?
>>
>> I assume the following:
>>
>> Roar of Reclamation resolves
>> All artifacts in all graveyards come into play
>> All triggered abilities that would trigger from artifacts coming into
>> play do, and wait
>> state based effects are checked before any one gets priority
>> two Mindslavers are in play, one has to go
>> But then I am at a loss.
>>
>> Usually the legend with the newest timestamp would be the one sent to
>> the graveyard... But in this case both have the same time stamp. Do I
>> get to choose which one leaves play?
>

> 420.5e
> If two or more permanents with the same name have the subtype Legend or
> the supertype legendary, all except the one that has been a Legend or
> legendary permanent with that name the longest are put into their
> owners’ graveyards. This is called “the Legend rule.” In the event of a
> tie, each Legend or legendary permanent with the same name is put into
> its owner’s graveyard. (If two permanents have the same name but only
> one is a Legend or is legendary, this rule doesn’t apply.)

Thanks for that.

--
From the mind of Andrew Kicks
--A heartless man,