Palm Pilot Hot Sync

March 5, 2005 1:25:02 PM

Having Hot Sync Problems. The connection between your handhelf computer and
the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again.

The hot sync cradle is connected to the computer tower. This is a new
computer. I have the Hot Sync on the desktop and also the botom bar (where
the local time, printer, etc. is displayed).

Please help. Thank you.

More about : palm pilot hot sync

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 5:54:59 PM

Try this. With Palm Desktop running. Right click on the hot sync icon in
the system tray. Make sure that local USB is checked. If it is not you
won't get your connection. If this is already checked, you may have to
uninstall and reinstall the Palm software.

What version of Palm device do you have and what version of Palm desktop are
you running if this doesn't work?

"Calamity Joyce" <Calamity Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having Hot Sync Problems. The connection between your handhelf computer
> and
> the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try
> again.
>

> The hot sync cradle is connected to the computer tower. This is a new
> computer. I have the Hot Sync on the desktop and also the botom bar
> (where
> the local time, printer, etc. is displayed).
>
> Please help. Thank you.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 5:55:00 PM

When I right click on the hot sync icon it doesn't mention anything regarding
the local USB????

"LVTravel" wrote:

> Try this. With Palm Desktop running. Right click on the hot sync icon in
> the system tray. Make sure that local USB is checked. If it is not you
> won't get your connection. If this is already checked, you may have to
> uninstall and reinstall the Palm software.
>
> What version of Palm device do you have and what version of Palm desktop are
> you running if this doesn't work?
>

> "Calamity Joyce" <Calamity Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Having Hot Sync Problems. The connection between your handhelf computer
> > and
> > the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try
> > again.
> >

> > The hot sync cradle is connected to the computer tower. This is a new
> > computer. I have the Hot Sync on the desktop and also the botom bar
> > (where
> > the local time, printer, etc. is displayed).
> >
> > Please help. Thank you.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 7:49:41 PM

I have a similar problem. I have not been able to sync for a month. I have
been suspecting the cable/cradle/ etc.

Today, my son put his Palm in my cradle and he was able to sync. When I try
I still fail.

Bill Cook
Kent WA USA

Setup
> When I right click on the hot sync icon it doesn't mention anything
> regarding
> the local USB????
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>
>> Try this. With Palm Desktop running. Right click on the hot sync icon
>> in
>> the system tray. Make sure that local USB is checked. If it is not you
>> won't get your connection. If this is already checked, you may have to
>> uninstall and reinstall the Palm software.
>>
>> What version of Palm device do you have and what version of Palm desktop
>> are
>> you running if this doesn't work?
>>

>> "Calamity Joyce" <Calamity Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Having Hot Sync Problems. The connection between your handhelf
>> > computer
>> > and
>> > the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try
>> > again.
>> >

>> > The hot sync cradle is connected to the computer tower. This is a new
>> > computer. I have the Hot Sync on the desktop and also the botom bar
>> > (where
>> > the local time, printer, etc. is displayed).
>> >
>> > Please help. Thank you.

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 1:48:42 AM

OK, assuming that this is a USB connection cradle you have, you need to
unplug the cable from the computer. Try plugging it into another USB port
on the same computer. See if the computer goes into New Hardware found and
installs the drivers. If not, find someone else that has a Palm docking
station and try yours on their machine. If it works on theirs you have a
configuration problem. You may try to uninstall the Palm software and then
reinstall it. Make sure that you follow the instructions to the letter that
came with your software/palm/cradle.

Palm has a fairly good troubleshooting section on their web site also.
Check here for it. http://www.palmone.com/us/support/

!