'My Computer' Screen

My two home machines perform normally and quickly, except for one issue they
both have. Whenever I got to the 'My Computer' screen the machine hangs for
over a minute before returning with the data. I don't see any network
attached devices on the screen, only C: harddrive and a D: dvd drive. How
might I find out what is slowing this screen down (it shows the little
spinning flashlight for that full minute before it returns).

Any help is appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer screen

    Try to do a defragment of your hard disk.

    "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:185F8F95-74C4-4D16-A4F4-842BDB1058FE@microsoft.com...
    > My two home machines perform normally and quickly, except for one issue they
    > both have. Whenever I got to the 'My Computer' screen the machine hangs for
    > over a minute before returning with the data. I don't see any network
    > attached devices on the screen, only C: harddrive and a D: dvd drive. How
    > might I find out what is slowing this screen down (it shows the little
    > spinning flashlight for that full minute before it returns).
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

Computers Windows XP