Probably asked to death about Nevvy's Disk, but having seen Door To
Nothingness' potential to end a game real fast, I have to ask:

Is there any rules-lawyering or fancy playmaking I can do to get it to
come into play *un*tapped somehow? (so I can set it off right away,
preferably without having to use any mana to untap it)

Keith

Keith Piddington, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> Probably asked to death about Nevvy's Disk, but having seen Door To
> Nothingness' potential to end a game real fast, I have to ask:
>
> Is there any rules-lawyering or fancy playmaking I can do to get it to
> come into play *un*tapped somehow? (so I can set it off right away,
> preferably without having to use any mana to untap it)

410.10e Some permanents have text that reads "[This permanent] comes
into play with . . . ," "As [this permanent] comes into play . . . ,"
"[This permanent] comes into play as . . . ," or "[This permanent] comes
into play tapped." Such text is a static ability-not a triggered
ability-whose effect occurs as part of the event that puts the permanent
into play.

Basically, no. Any time the Disk comes into play, no matter how it got
there, the ability changes that event to "this comes into play tapped".
However, there are plenty of ways to untap it once it's in play.

Keith Piddington <uj551@vtn1.victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
>Probably asked to death about Nevvy's Disk, but having seen Door To
>Nothingness' potential to end a game real fast, I have to ask:
>
>Is there any rules-lawyering or fancy playmaking I can do to get it to
>come into play *un*tapped somehow?

Nope. There isn't any way to remove its ability _before_ it comes into play.

>(so I can set it off right away,
>preferably without having to use any mana to untap it)

What you want to do is untap it right after it comes into play, then use it;
Voltaic Key, or any one of several other things, are your friends here.

Dave

Keith Piddington wrote:

> Probably asked to death about Nevvy's Disk, but having seen Door To
> Nothingness' potential to end a game real fast, I have to ask:
>
> Is there any rules-lawyering or fancy playmaking I can do to get it to
> come into play *un*tapped somehow? (so I can set it off right away,
> preferably without having to use any mana to untap it)
>

> Keith

Hi Keith,

Apparently there is nothing you can do about the comes into played
effect, nothing can be done in between it coming into play and it
getting into play.

Regards

David