Expanding menus not working!

My problem is: I boot my pc,if i go straight to start - programs or recent
docs as soon as I can, my menus all show as they should.However if I take my
mouse to my desk top and then back to the programs menu,it is just an empty
shadow.I can move my mouse over the shadow the programs are there but I
cannot see them!
I have done a full virus and spyware check.Performed XP repair twice.

Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu text:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/transmenu.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User