A decent multimedia laptop for gaming and pen testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansauce

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Hi there, I was wondering what would be a decent laptop if I were to use it for gaming and on the side, try my hands on penetration testing :3
1. What is your budget?
About 2.5k Singapore dollars
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14" minimum
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Perhaps something larger than 1366x768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Somewhere in the middle, I travel a fair bit
5. How much battery life do you need?
not too picky
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Ideally I'd like something that can handle stuff like SC2, Guild Wars 2 and perhaps Diablo 3 well. Bar that, perhaps any upcoming game without too much hassle on medium.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop, and perhaps try my hands on security penetration.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 minimum. I've an extensive music and video collection.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Ideally, BLU ray writer, but I don't mind
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm not too sure.
13. What country do you live in?
Singapore
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Dansauce

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I was considering the latter option posted, but in places I've been to, they kinda exceed my requirements, selling pre-configured models containing things that i just don't need, like the whole 3D thingy, which bumps the price up much further than needs be xD

Look at the 1920x1080 resolution play-ability

pS8uY.jpg

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Dansauce

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I've been looking around the mall called Funan and they only have the higher tier models, and I don't know where I could go to find the slightly lower specced ones at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.